Weird Portland United Launches the third round of the #KeepWeirdAlive Campaign, sponsored by Myoptic Optometry! Tell us who you think deserves $500!
Do you know somebody in need of financial assistance who is keeping Portland smiling? Share their story and they could receive $500! Weird Portland United is looking to say ‘thank you’ to those selfless warriors of whimsy and barons of creativity who despite their circumstances, remain dedicated to injecting Portland with random acts of weirdness.
The sum of our collective creativity is what makes Portland weird and we want to help ALL creatives (even if you don’t think they’re weird)! The purpose of these grants is to help the Portland creative community at large, so don’t be afraid to nominate! You can make a selfie video nomination sitting on your couch right now, no fancy editing required!
In a 30-60 second video, tell us who you think deserves recognition – what is their situation and what are they doing to keep the rest of us smiling? It can be something as small as adorning their face mask with the PDX carpet or putting funny signs up in their yard, or something much more grand! 2 winners will be selected from among the nominees to receive $500 each, no strings attached. Full contest details below.
Rules are simple:
- Deadline for submitting a video is 07/08/20
- Only one video submission per person and you can’t nominate yourself. You may re-submit a nomination for someone you submitted in a prior round.
- Videos must be posted to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #KeepWeirdAlive. Alternatively you may send a video or a video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weird Portland United reserves the right to repost your video
- Winner will receive $500 from Weird Portland United with no strings attached!
- Any entry that references socially irresponsible behavior will be disqualified